Yes, a Blender Can Grind Meat: What is Safe and Not Safe to Do
“Can a blender grind meat?” is a question that a lot of people have asked.
Blenders can be used for a lot of different things in the kitchen. You can make smoothies, soups, sauces, and even grind meat with them. But before you start to blend meat, there are a lot of things you should know.
If you’ve never done it before, grinding meat in a blender is not as hard as it may seem. There are just a few things to watch out for when using the machine for this.
We’ll talk about what you can and can’t do with ground beef in a blender. We’ll also talk about minced meat, hamburger meat, and making sausages.
So, we want to know if a Vitamix can be used to grind meat.
Yes, that’s the answer. Most of the motors in Vitamix blenders have more than 2 peak horsepower. This is the same as 1,400 watts, which is a lot. This means that it can shred through any kind of meat you put in it. This job should be easy for the blades to do. But when grinding meat, there are some things you can and can’t do.
Let’s get down to business.
Tips on how to use a Vitamix blender to grind meat
The Vitamix is a powerful blender that can do a lot of things well. It is made for people who use blenders a lot. Some people really like it, while others think it’s too expensive and too much, probably because they don’t know how to use it.
The strong blades of the blender make it easy to make healthy soups, smoothies, and other foods.
Funny enough, a Vitamix representative was asked about the problem. A person from the Vitamix Corporation said that the answer was “yes and no.”
They also said, “The Vitamix is a strong machine that, when used right, can shred meat.”
But there are some things you should always remember if you want the best results.
Some people thought it was crazy that a Vitamix could be used for more than just pureeing soup, but now many chefs use it to make meatballs, hamburgers, and sausages.
It’s not a new idea to use a Vitamix to grind beef. It’s been around for years, in fact. And, funny enough, it’s just a skill with the wrong name.
Do not wash the meat.
People often make this mistake when they wash their meat or chicken in the kitchen. In fact, washing meat or chicken before cooking can spread germs to other foods.
This is because there will be bacteria on the surface of the water you use to wash your meat. When those drops of dirty liquid land on other surfaces or foods, they will also spread germs.
According to USDA.gov, you don’t have to wash your meat or chicken to keep it safe.
If you don’t eat it, you can freeze it.
Also, after making ground meat, you should make sure to freeze it. This will stop any bacteria that might have been on the meat before you ground it up from growing.
Bacteria can’t grow when it’s cold.
I would also suggest that you freeze the food in smaller amounts so that it will thaw faster when you need it. Also, you don’t have to eat the whole thing at once.
The USDA says that raw hamburger patties made from meat and poultry should not be frozen for more than 4 months.
And if you leave raw meat in a regular fridge, it will only last for 3 to 5 days before it goes bad.
Don’t make the bones mushy.
Even though the Vitamix might be able to grind softer bones, it might not be able to grind harder bones.
The Vitamix wasn’t made to grind bones, and the blades could get stuck in them and make a big mess. You could even damage the motor and make the blades less sharp.
The bones won’t mix well with the meat, which is another reason why you have to take them out. You will end up with a mix of meat and bones.
When you’re done, you’ll have to deal with the bones in every bite, which can be a pain in and of itself!
How to keep food fresh while freezing
As a low-key hack, you can add a pinch of baking soda to your meat when you put it in the fridge.
Baking soda is a simple substance that will help the meat stay fresh. It works by raising the pH of the meat, which stops the proteins from bonding too much and causing the meat to lose water.
The results show that when the ground meat is taken out to thaw and cook, it stays soft and juicy.
To do this, you just need to grind up the meat. Then, take a small amount of baking soda, about half a teaspoon, and mix it with the ground meat. Now you can cook it or put it in the freezer to use later.
How to make ground meat by grinding meat
For those of us who want to learn how to grind meat with just a blender. Here are the steps you need to take. Make sure you don’t put too much in each batch, as this could cause jams.
- Cube the meat into 1-inch pieces. The meat should still be cold. Don’t just leave it out until it’s room temperature. Your cuts of meat don’t have to be just right. Cut the meat into cubes, strips, or chunks of any size and shape you like to make it easier for the blades of the blender to move when they are spinning quickly.
- Start out with just a few pieces. Don’t just put in the whole tray of meat at once. You have to put each one in the blender one at a time. Start out small and move up. If you put in too much meat at once, the blades will have to work harder, which can make the motor work harder and possibly break.
- Set the speed to 1 and go up from there as needed. As you blend, you must also slowly speed up the blender. You don’t need it to cut really fast; you just want to make sure the meat is being cut. Start with a low speed and then increase it until the ground beef, sausage, or chicken is the way you want it. This is an important part of blending because you need to keep an eye on how the mixture is coming together. It’s not as simple as turning on a blender and letting it run until there’s nothing left to blend.
- Each time, blend for about 10 to 15 seconds. Blending for short periods at a time lets you keep an eye on how the mixture is coming together. If it’s too thick, blend it a little faster until the right texture is reached.
- Put in more meat. Keep adding more meat whenever you think the meat you’ve already added is almost done. Remember that if you add more meat, it will just mix with the meat you already have. If it’s the right consistency for you, take it out and set it aside. Then, start a new batch of meat to add to the dish. If you didn’t rush and mix the first batch too much, you can add more meat and mix it all together.
What makes a Vitamix different from a meat grinder?
You might be wondering what makes a Vitamix different from a regular meat grinder. Do they not really mean the same thing?
The truth is that they are not the same.
A Vitamix can grind meat, but because its blades are blunter, it can’t be used as a real grinder to make sausages or hamburger patties out of ground beef and other meats. It also has a stronger motor to turn the food it takes in into a liquid. The blender is made so that food can be turned into a liquid.
A grinder has blades that are very sharp and ridged, so it can cut through thick foods to do things like chop and shred.
We’re lucky that a blender can grind meat if it’s used right and watched closely.
Just don’t blend it too much or it will turn into a liquid.
One last thought
The blades of the Vitamix are very strong and can break up even the toughest meats.
All kinds of meat can be ground up and chopped up by the blades.
The Vitamix is a great way to grind meat. You can also make sausages and hamburger patties with it, but you can’t use it to grind bones.
Be patient when you use a blender to chop up meat.
The meat will turn into a liquid if you are not careful. This is because the blades in a Vitamix can be so strong. Keep a close eye on your progress at all times.
See more: bestkitchenproducts